Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Stop Eating your shirt!

I knew that once I became a parent I'd say things that I didn't expect. I fully expected to sound like my parents. I totally expected that I'd say parent things "If I've told you once. . ." and "If all your friends jumped off of a cliff. . . " Today after saying "Stop eating your shirt!" for about the 100th time, I realized that this part of my life isn't going to be normal either. Here is a list of things I've actually said that I never thought I would.

  • Stop drinking your sisters bottle. To a 1 1/2 year old
  • Stop hugging your brother.
  • Mommy's in time out. You can't talk to me right now.
  • Please stop helping me.
  • Stop biting yourself

And I'm sure many more. And I sit and wonder, How did this end up being my life?

2 comments:

Nicole and Andy said...

Oh what a great post! I'm sure this is great to Mom H. too! The joys of being a parent. Isn't is spooky too when you say things just like your mother said it?? For me it's, "Ohhh, you're such a sweet girl."(talking to Maren) :)

Butikofer Chronicle said...

I am so gonna start putting myself in timeout! I might do so many bad things that I spend half the day there.

Kris