Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Days of the Week

While talking to Scott last week I realized the advantage to being super busy. You always know what day it is. I don't have to rely on a calendar or even what's on TV tonight. Usually during the month I can even tell you what week of the month it is. Like I know the 3rd Thursday. I couldn't tell you the date, but I know during the week that it's the 3rd Thursday. Here is how I became aware of my amazing talents.

Scott woke up on Wednesday and said, "Didn't I do this yesterday?" I replied, "Nope, today is laudry day, yesterday was kickboxing." Then on Thursday, Scott woke up and said "Didn't I do this yesterday?" And I replied, "Nope, today is recipe group, and scripture group, and dance. It's totally different than yesterday." You see every day Scott gets up and goes to his important job and basically does the same thing he did yesterday.

I get up and work, drive the car pool to preschool and dance, change a diaper, etc. Yep I get up and I'm a Mom. Some people, myself included, don't think that being a Mom is very glamous. It's not - most days I'm covered in ick and I don't know how or when it got there. You might thing that it isn't very exciting, and it gets very very boring, every day being the same as the one before. This is far from the truth and exactly why I know what day it is every day.

Take a look at our Schedule. Just the basic things we do week in and week out

Sunday - Go to church
Monday - Chloe has preschool, Mom gets to work
Tuesday - Kickboxing
Wednesday - preschool again and laundry day. Each week has different "extra" loads (1st adult sheets, 2nd kids sheets, 3rd lounging blankets, 4th towels - then repeat)
Thursday - scripture group, dance
Friday - Grandma's
Saturday - Dad is home, go grocery shopping and run errands

1st Thursday & Saturday = Quilting Class
3rd Thursday = Recipe Group
4th Thursday = Writing Group

My life is full of so many wonderful activities. I run around like a chicken with my head cut off most days, but at least I know what day it is.

3 comments:

Krystal said...

Love the post and how it is SO true. I love being a mom, because my days are different and I can always tell what day it is and what week in the month it is. I hope all is well with the family. Take Care!

Nicole and Andy said...

You are awesome at planning your time well, that is so cool. I loved this post.

Melissa said...

Lucky you! I never know what day of the week it is! At work, we're always working a day ahead, with other articles on top of that. On Mondays, we work Wednesday articles. On Tuesday, Wednesday. On Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. On Friday, articles for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Sheesh!

p.s. kickboxing sounds like fun. where do you go?