Monday, November 10, 2008

I wish I could freeze time

Do you remeber the 80's tv show called Out of This World. It was about a teenager who could freeze time. Her Dad was an alien, and he'd talk to her every night from this flashy cube thing. I used to think it was the coolest thing, ranking right up there with Charles in Charge. Anywho . . . since then I've always wanted to freeze time. Think about it, in the morning your alarm would go off, but you could freeze time and sleep until you weren't tired. You wouldn't need to take an hour to pay the bills and reconsile your checking account. I could read as long as I wanted and not feel guilty about it.

The time turner just wouldn't do it for me, because time still keeps going, and I'd mess it up and go crazy because I saw my future self. I also wouldn't want the speed up time remote, because I already feel like I'm missing too much. But right now, a time free nap sounds really nice.

What do you wish your super power was?

3 comments:

rachel said...

I would love to freeze time too. I want a full hour in the morning (after I sleep in) to just sit and do nothing, and get my head together. Wouldn't it be great?

Melissa said...

Admit it, you want to be the Wizard of Space and Time!

Hmm... I'm not sure what superpower I'd want. The ability to fly would be cool. This isn't a superpower, but I'd like to have Wonder Woman's lasso of truth.

Candice J said...

"Would you like to swing on the stars! carry moonbeams home in a jar!" Loved that that show!!!