Sunday, November 30, 2008

This crazy holiday season

Wow! What a crazy, hectic and fun few days our family has had! Thanksgiving was really fun this year and didn't include the normal frantic stress out that it has in past years. We invited my folks and my sister, Alaina to our house this year which meant that we were on turkey duty and WOW!!!!! I LOVE TURKEY!!!!! We used a cooking bag this year - I will never go back to the rack again. Liz took time out of her busy schedule to make some home made rolls (which were devine) and I took my hand at actually making a pie OTHER than an apple. I personally think that my chocolate cream and lemon sour cream pies were excellent (though Liz would just say that I was biased to them so my opinion really doesn't count).

After stuffing our faces with a ton of food that we really didn't need (Mom made enough stuffing to feed the whole of Camp Williams) we turned our attention to the real matter of the day - the Wii. Can I begin to explain how FRUSTRATING (and proud) I can get when my 7 year old tromps my rear on every game that he plays? Between my total inability to do anything simply and Pa's attempt at trying to remove his skin one scrape at a time, Zac was unstoppable.

We are both grateful for all that we have at this time of year and wish the same to all of you.

No comments: